Was a Dog Poisoned at Crufts 2015?

Was a Dog Poisoned at Crufts 2015?

Was a Dog Poisoned at Crufts 2015?

An Irish Setter dog has died after competing at Crufts, amid claims he was poisoned.

Three-year-old Thendara Satisfaction, known as Jagger, is understood to have collapsed and died after returning home to Belgium on Friday.

Police in Belgium are investigating and a full toxicology report is expected next week.

The Kennel Club, which organises Crufts, said it was unclear what had happened but it would support the police in their investigation.

“We are deeply shocked and saddened to hear of Jagger’s death and our heartfelt sympathies go out to his owners,” a spokesperson said.

“We are in contact with the owners and will do all we can to support them at this sad time.”

Jagger is co-owned by Aleksandra Lauwers and Leicester-based breeder Dee Milligan-Bott.
His vet’s initial findings showed he was poisoned, while a full autopsy and toxicology report which will identify the poison is expected tomorrow. A police investigation is also underway.

AN AUTOPSY HAS REVEALED HE WAS POISONED
A LARGE AMOUNT OF BEEF CUBED, STUFFED WITH 2-3 DIFFERENT POISONS WAS STITCHED INTO THE MEAT.
THIS RESULTED IN A VERY PAINFUL DEATH FOR OUR BEAUTIFUL BOY.
THE TIMINGS FROM THE AUTOPSY MAKE IT CLEAR THE ONLY PLACE THIS COULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN TO JAGGER WAS WHILE ON HIS BENCH AT CRUFTS.
THE POLICE HAVE BEEN INFORMED.

Jagger’s co-owner and breeder, Dee Milligan Bott, does not believe a fellow dog shower would have poisoned another dog, believing instead that it is more likely to have been a member of the public.

TV presenter Clare Balding tweeted: “Everyone at #Crufts2015 horrified at death of Irish Setter Jagger.”

The dog came second in his class on Thursday.

 

Share this post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *