West Midland Bird Club
Inspired by W. E. Groves, a group of five enthusiasts gathered in 1929 and formed the Birmingham Bird Club. In 1945, with an expanding membership the Club changed its name to the Birmingham and District Bird Club; this new name also reflected the Club’s wider coverage of activities in the area. The Club changed its name yet again in 1959 to the title we have today, the West Midland Bird Club. The Club is now a regional organisation that is dedicated to the study and conservation of wild birds in Staffordshire – Warwickshire – Worcestershire and the West Midlands.